Eastern Outreach Internship/Volunteer Program – Chicago
The eastern outreach intern/volunteer will work closely with MFA’s eastern outreach
coordinator on a variety of grassroots campaigns relating to farmed animal protection and
Intern/volunteer will gain exposure to many different areas of advocacy, including
grassroots outreach and organizing, and general nonprofit administration.
The eastern outreach intern/volunteer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- managing volunteer schedules
- exhibiting at various festivals
- sending out resources to activists around the country
- social media advocacy
- writing blog posts on recent developments in farmed-animal welfare
- handling other tasks and projects as they are assigned by supervisor
- highly motivated, creative, organized, and detail-oriented
- strong work ethic
- strong telecommunications and writing skills
- dedication to the mission and objectives of the organization
Interning/volunteering at MFA is interesting, with work that varies from day to day. A
level of responsibility that requires reliability, dedication, and hard work will be vested
in you. We are happy to involve our interns/volunteers in important projects and will
consider you part of our staff. As an intern/volunteer, you will be an integral part of
Mercy For Animals and your work will be very much appreciated.
In addition, you will learn important skills, meet like-minded people, and be a part of
the national animal protection movement, all while spreading compassion for farmed
HOW TO APPLY
Internships are available on a full-time or part-time basis.
Deadlines for applications are as follows:
July 1: Fall semester internships
November 1: Spring semester internships
February 1: Summer internships
Before you apply, please review our list of
Frequently Asked Questions.
>> Click here to fill out your internship application.
We look forward to hearing