The following eight facts prove that a vegan world is a better world!
1. If everyone went vegan by 2050, there would be about 8 million fewer deaths every year.
2. Since going vegan lowers the risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and certain cancers, we would save 2–3 percent global gross domestic product in medical bills.
3. Pastures would return to native habitats and forests. This would fight climate change and replenish lost biodiversity, such as Buffaloes and wolves, who are killed because they are deemed a threat to livestock.
4. According to Marco Springmann, a research fellow at the Oxford Martin School’s Future of Food program, food-related greenhouse gas emissions would drop by around 60 percent.
5. If everyone went vegan, the savings from reduced greenhouse gas emissions would be about $570 billion a year.
6. According to the Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency, a vegan world would cut agricultural carbon emissions by 17 percent, methane emissions by 24 percent, and nitrous oxide emissions by 21 percent by 2050.
7. The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reports that the only way to prevent a global average temperature warming of two degrees Celsius—a tipping point for climate disaster—is for the world to go vegan.
8. Countless farmed animals would be spared a life of misery.
If every human on Earth switched to a compassionate vegan diet, we could truly change the world. We would benefit our planet, our health, and of course, animals.
Ready to get started? Click here!