1. Because meat is the leading cause of climate change.
True story. The meat industry emits more greenhouse gases than all the transportation in the world combined!
2. Because the egg industry grinds up live baby chicks.
Because male chicks will never lay eggs, they are considered useless to the egg industry and are killed almost immediately after birth.
3. Because meat is linked to heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and even cancer.
A recent study by the World Health Organization placed processed meat in the same carcinogenic category as cigarettes and asbestos.
4. Because battery cages, gestation crates, and veal crates are a disgrace.
Many animals on factory farms live in spaces so small they can’t even turn around, lie down comfortably, or stretch their limbs. This is cruel and unacceptable.
5. Because babies are taken away from their mothers.
The dairy industry rips baby calves away from their mothers when they’re only a day old.
6. Because once you go vegan you feel amazing.
Many people who go vegan report feeling lighter, more energetic, and relieved of chronic health issues.
7. Because the food is delicious.
Once you go vegan, an entire new world of culinary delights opens up! Check back here frequently for recipes and ideas.
8. Because food wasted on farmed animals could feed the hungry.
There are a billion starving people on the planet. It takes 16 pounds of grain to produce just one pound of beef. Think about it.
9. Because vegans are awesome!
From A-list celebrities to everyday people, vegans are some of the most compassionate individuals on the planet. Join a meetup, attend a vegan potluck, or go to a veg fest and make some new friends!
Visit ChooseVeg.com to learn more about transitioning to a healthy, delicious, and humane vegan diet.