Corporate Partnerships Director
Remote in the United States
Mercy For Animals aims to end industrial animal agriculture by constructing a just and sustainable food system. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We currently seek a corporate partnerships director to join our donor experience team. In this role, you will advance the work of Mercy For Animals by identifying and cultivating potential corporate partnerships, soliciting corporate gifts, and sustaining long-term relationships with corporate partners.
You will do invaluable work:
- Develop strategic partnerships and sponsorship opportunities with corporate leaders while strengthening existing relationships
- Create and lead the overall strategy for corporate sponsorship and underwriting
- Meet annual fundraising goal of $2 million, which will comprise corporate gifts, corporate event sponsorships, workplace giving, and cause-related marketing
- Partner with Mercy For Animals’ director of foundations relations and the philanthropy team to strategize, cultivate relationships, and solicit gifts when appropriate
- Oversee and manage Mercy For Animals’ cause-related marketing partnerships in coordination with the legal and finance teams
- Identify viable prospective corporate sponsors through research, networking, and collaboration
- Provide exceptional stewardship for corporate sponsors through strong relationship-management skills
- Solicit and oversee all in-kind sponsors, working closely with the philanthropy and events teams
- Develop strategy for workplace giving in coordination with the VP of philanthropy, VP of donor experience, and director of fundraising operations
- Implement workplace giving strategy and achieve income growth targets in accordance with KPIs
- Manage an existing portfolio of workplace-giving supporters, initiatives, promotional resources, platforms, and industry bodies to fully unlock their potential
- Create and deliver impactful wrap-up reports for each sponsor that demonstrate ROI and summarize sponsorship deliverables and benefits
- Track and reconcile all corporate revenue and expenses and create detailed reports
- Identify new prospects, plan fundraising strategies, and project future revenue streams
- Participate in third-party events as appropriate, including networking events, meetings, and training sessions
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned by team leader
Your qualifications will take our donor experience team to the next level:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Two to four years’ experience in corporate relations, corporate fundraising, or development
- Exceptional sales skills (cold calling, persuasive presentation, persistence), as well as special events, marketing, and nonprofit management experience
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate sponsorship
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices, and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporations
- Willingness and ability to travel in state and out of state once or twice per quarter to visit existing and prospective corporate partners
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Self-motivation and goal-orientation
- Strategic, creative thinking and entrepreneurial spirit
- Commitment to the mission and values of Mercy For Animals
- Commitment to continued personal and organizational growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
About Your Team Leader
Henry Lucero, vice president of donor experience, has more than 25 years’ experience working with nonprofit organizations. Prior to joining Mercy For Animals in 2020, Henry served as deputy executive director for development at Project Inform, an organization dedicated to ending the HIV/AIDS pandemic; the first development director at PAWS (Pets Are Wonderful Support), where he worked to keep people and their companion animals together; and planning and development director for LifeLong Medical Care, a community-based health center located in Alameda County, California. An avid baseball fan, Henry can often be found with his husband, Derek, at Dodger Stadium or on a walk with their Labrador retriever, Linus.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $95,405—$107,868, depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as a remote team member. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and a 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3% of your annual salary.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.