Campaigns Internship, U.S.
Remote in the United States
Mercy For Animals aims to end industrial animal agriculture by constructing a just and sustainable food system. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We currently seek a campaigns intern to join our campaigns team. This remote position is part time (20 hours/week) Monday through Friday, with a commitment term of three months.
As a Mercy For Animals campaigns intern in the United States, you will gain hands-on experience in public campaigning and general insight into the animal protection movement. The internship will equip you with the knowledge and skills to research, prepare, and plan sustained-pressure campaigns to move major corporations to eliminate the cruelest practices in their food supply chains and garner public support for helping farmed animals.
Activities and Tasks (in order of importance)
- Research and monitor key details of major food companies and prospective campaign targets, including corporate structure, history, animal welfare standards, leadership, and affiliates
- Assist the campaigns manager and campaign specialists in developing plans for public awareness campaigns, including brainstorming and proposing campaign tactics and setting timelines for implementation
- With the assistance of the campaigns manager and campaign specialists, write and disseminate platform-appropriate messaging for emails, ads, and other campaign materials
- Assist the campaigns team with tracking and analyzing campaign performance and email metrics
- When relevant and possible, attend or support the planning of in-person or digital events
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned by team members
- Ability to work in a remote environment
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Willingness to learn how to use project-management tools to keep track of project deliverables
- Willingness to work on initiatives that publicly target companies and individuals
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Strong commitment to farmed animal protection
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an hourly salary of $20.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.