Thank you for your interest in Mercy For Animals SEEA Limited. Your privacy is important to us, and we strive to be transparent in our collection and utilization of your information. When we use “MFA SEEA,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” this means Mercy For Animals SEEA Limited, a company limited by guarantee incorporated in Singapore, and when we use “MFA,” this means Mercy For Animals, Inc., a nonprofit corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, United States, our sole member.
“Donors” means supporters who make donations by any means, including online (such as through online fundraising platforms or our website) and offline (such as at events or by submitting paper form pledges).
What information does MFA SEEA collect?
When you access and use an MFA SEEA Site, we may collect the following types of information from you:
- “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, contact, or locate you or that relates to you. Personal Information may include your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, and demographic information. Personal Information includes Financial Information and Location Information and may include Technical Data.
- “Financial Information” is a type of Personal Information that may include credit card, debit card, and bank account information. Financial Information in the form of a credit card number and expiration date or bank account and routing numbers for ACH transactions (electronic checks) is collected only if a User wishes to make a donation.
- “Location Information” is a type of Personal Information that provides information about your geographic location and can be used to locate the device you use to access MFA SEEA Sites. Location Information may include a zip or postal code, the location of the device you are using to access an MFA SEEA Site (which may be derived from IP-based geolocation), and any other information you or others make available that indicates your location.
- “Technical Data” is information that we collect about your device and your use of MFA SEEA Sites and may include your IP address or a unique identifier for a mobile device used to access MFA SEEA Sites, web browser, operating system, device model and manufacturer, performance issues, or activity on MFA SEEA Sites.
- Other information that you provide to us. This may include the content of your communications with us and contacts through social media channels.
How does MFA SEEA collect my information?
MFA SEEA collects information from Users through several points on our MFA SEEA Sites. The types of data collected will vary with your particular use of MFA SEEA Sites.
This may include the following:
- Information you provide to us directly, such as when you submit any of our forms (whether on our websites or on the website of a third party or otherwise); subscribe to our newsletters, updates, or action alerts; make a donation; sign up for mobile texts; participate in advocacy campaigns; request information about us; volunteer with us; or sign up for our email lists
- Financial Information you provide when donating through any of our platforms. Online donations are securely processed.
- Information automatically collected when you access an MFA SEEA Site and when you enable location services on your device when accessing an MFA SEEA Site
- Information collected through digital tools, including but not limited to IP addresses, cookies, and pixels
- Information obtained from other sources, such as from social media networks (for example, when you interact with us by liking us on Facebook or Instagram or following us on Twitter), other publicly available sources and databases, data aggregators, marketing companies, or other third parties. For example, if you are on a third-party website and request information from us, that website may send us your contact information.
By submitting your information through these various channels, you consent to our collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the purposes specified below, including for receiving communications and content from MFA SEEA, including but not limited to communications relating to important developments in the animal rights movement, volunteer opportunities, demonstrations, or similar activities. You can let us know if you do not consent to our proposed collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data at any time by emailing us at [email protected] within 14 days of the submission of your information to us.
We will not collect, use, or disclose personal data about you unless (a) you have given, or are deemed to have given, your consent under the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore and any other law applicable to the collection, use, or disclosure, as the case may be, or (b) the collection, use, or disclosure, as the case may be, without your consent is as required or authorized under the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore and any other applicable law.
By providing us with any information relating to a third party, you represent to us that you have validly obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their information for the respective purposes.
Please follow the instructions contained in this Policy to withdraw consent (opt out) or to limit our ability to receive certain types of information through our digital tools or the tools of our third-party partners.
Cookies and Pixels
How does MFA SEEA use my information?
We may collect, use, or disclose your information for the following purposes:
- Communication with you: We may contact you to offer information and updates about MFA SEEA, MFA, MFA SEEA Sites, and our campaigns and programs; send you information and material for events, activities, donation opportunities, and volunteer opportunities relating to important developments in the animal rights movement, as well as plant-based eating tips; or get in touch with you regarding any transactions conducted through an MFA SEEA Site.
- Text messaging: We may use your mobile phone number to send you text messages about MFA SEEA, MFA, donation opportunities, events, and campaigns.
- Improving MFA SEEA Sites: We may use your information to help us improve the content and functionality of MFA SEEA Sites and to facilitate and enhance MFA SEEA Site features that require User input, whether this information is submitted directly by a User or collected through technologies such as cookies.
- List building and targeted ad campaigns: We may use your information, including your name, mailing address, email address, and IP address, for the purposes of building lists of individuals to whom we intend to send targeted advertisements and for sending you targeted advertisements relating to our campaigns and programs, whether this information is submitted directly by you or collected through technologies such as cookies and IP addresses.
- Improving campaigns and programs through planning, analysis, and other operational processes: By collecting User information, we are able to measure interest in our various campaigns and programs and use this information to better serve you and help make our advocacy efforts more effective. We may also use this information to recognize when a User has participated in a campaign and send you information about campaigns that may be of interest to you.
- Legal purposes: We will use your information when required by law, regulation, subpoena, court order, warrant, or similar legal process or if necessary to assert our rights or protect our assets.
- Sharing of information: We may share your name, address, and donation amounts and histories with other charities and organizations (and third-party vendors may do so on our behalf) so that the other charities and organizations can contact you for marketing purposes. You can opt out of sharing your Personal Information at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or by checking the do-not-share box that may be contained in certain emails to you.
- We may share your information internally and with third parties, including but not limited to our affiliated partners, vendors, and contractors. MFA SEEA uses various third parties for certain services, such as to process online donations, capture data, and produce analytics.
- We will not sell your Personal Information, and we will not share your Personal Information with any third parties except in the circumstances set out elsewhere in this Policy.
- De-identified information: We may also de-identify your information or aggregate your information with that of other Users. This de-identified information is not Personal Information because it cannot be used to identify you and may be used by us for any lawful purpose.
- Other purposes: In addition to the foregoing, we may use your information for any other reason that we tell you when we collect it or in an authorization or consent.
How can I withdraw my consent; opt out of email communications; or access, correct, or change my Personal Information?
We respect our Users’ choices and control over their information.
If we rely on your consent to collect, use, or disclose your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at [email protected]. Within a reasonable time from receipt of the notice to withdraw the above-mentioned consent, we will inform you of the likely consequences of withdrawing your consent.
You may opt out of email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the emails or by emailing us at [email protected].
MFA will respond to all requests to provide records of available information, correct erroneous information, or remove personal information. Such requests can be submitted by email to [email protected].
If you are currently receiving text messages from us and wish to opt out of receiving such messages, you may do so by replying “STOP” or by emailing us at [email protected].
How is my information protected?
MFA SEEA uses advanced security protocols to ensure the privacy of your information. MFA SEEA maintains data-security measures in line with current industry standards for MFA SEEA Sites to protect the Personal Information under its control against unauthorized access and disclosure. These measures include the implementation of reasonable industry-recommended technical, physical, and administrative data-security safeguards. Please keep in mind, however, that no data transmitted over the internet is 100 percent secure, and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside Singapore
When we transfer your information to a country or territory outside Singapore, we do so only if we have taken appropriate steps to ascertain whether, and to ensure that, the recipient of the personal data is bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide the transferred personal data a standard of protection that is at least comparable to the protection under the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore.
Your information collected through MFA SEEA Sites may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which MFA SEEA, MFA, or any of their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Notice for Children Under 13
MFA SEEA and MFA do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and no one under the age of 13 may provide any information to or through MFA SEEA Sites. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that the child disclosed information to us, please contact us at [email protected]. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information of persons under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to delete this information.
European Union or Other Locations Outside the United States and Singapore
Links to Other Sites
One or more MFA SEEA Sites may contain links to other sites, products, and services that are external and not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by or content of such other sites, products, and services. We encourage you to be aware when you leave MFA SEEA Sites and to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites or services, as you will be subject to their policies, rules, and terms.
Data Protection Officer
Mercy For Animals SEEA Limited
Address: 8033 Sunset Blvd., Suite 864, Los Angeles, CA 90046
Email Address: [email protected]
Last updated on December 16, 2021