Undercover Investigator: United States
To obtain employment at factory farms and slaughterhouses in order to document conditions.
must be prepared to witness unimaginable cruelty and engage in intense manual labor while
composure and cover to gather information necessary to expose and stop farmed animal abuse.
- Conduct thorough research on various farmed animal welfare issues and agricultural practices
- Apply for and obtain employment in the animal agriculture industry, including factory farms,
livestock markets, and slaughterhouses
- Using hidden cameras, thoroughly document conditions and practices in the above-referenced
paying particular attention to animal welfare issues
- Maintain daily records and communications with the director of investigations during the
- Review, compile, and transmit footage, photographs, and notes to the director of
- Retain strict cover and confidentiality regarding all cases and any other sensitive
during, and after each case
- While undercover, meet or exceed all expectations of the agricultural facility while
and following all federal and local laws
- Be available to meet with law enforcement and provide testimony for all legal proceedings
- The highest level of personal integrity, intelligence, responsibility, and intestinal
- Ability to operate independently in physically and emotionally grueling environments
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Ability to use discretion in confidential matters relating to cases
- Exceptional research and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of factory farming, animal husbandry practices, and animal welfare issues
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Multilingualism (strongly preferred)
Mercy For Animals is equitable and inclusive in recruitment and hiring processes.
Please complete the form below to apply for this position.