Director of Communications
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Director of Communications
Remote in the U.S. (DC or NYC Preferred)
As director of communications, you will set and guide the strategy for Mercy For Animals’ website, social media, and media relations, ensuring a strong digital presence and consistent brand articulation within a diverse network and constituent base.
You will spearhead a mission to strategically enhance internal and external communications. Your leadership will position our communications team to help construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food.
You will do invaluable work:
- Lead the development of Mercy For Animals’ communications strategy
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization in the U.S. and Canada
- Cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with key news media professionals
- Manage media relations, curate and pitch content, increase audience engagement, and maximize media opportunities
- Mentor and develop a team of editors, writers, and social-media content managers and specialists
Your qualifications will take our communications to the next level:
- Extensive knowledge of the animal protection movement
- Communications management experience
- Degree or other advanced training in communications or PR
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I’m a people person and persuasive communicator who is always cool under pressure. Collaboration, integrity, and innovation are my core values. I’m vegan, and I’m driven. Mercy For Animals’ mission is my mission.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $60,000–$70,000, depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as an at-home worker. Our paid time-off policy, including 20 vacation days a year, staff-appreciation days, holidays, and sick leave, is as generous as our no- or low-cost health insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, not to mention a collaborative and innovative work environment.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to clearly convey in your cover letter your general fit for the role. A few things we would love to learn about are professional experience, internships, volunteer work, and side projects, as well as your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive, positive, respectful, safe, and supportive work environment where equal opportunities are available to all team members.